Volunteer Programs Available Through Lowell RFPD include volunteer firefighter (both resident and non-resident), volunteer EMS responder, as well as non-combatant support positions.
- Interested in fighting fire and responding to community emergencies.
- Willing to contribute time and energy to community through district activities.
- Must attend initial firefighter training . Initial firefighter training is 10 weekends, to include HazMat and Wildland training.
- Must be able to operate as a member of a team.
- Must successfully complete entrence physical ability evaluation, interview and chief's interview, must have clean driving record, must submit to criminal background check and fit for duty medical exam by district physician.
Volunteer EMS Responder
- Interested in responding to medical emergencies in the capacity of EMT.
- Must be Oregon Certified EMT-First Responder, EMT-B, EMT-I or EMT-P.
- Must successfully complete enterence evaluation, must have clean driving record, must submit to criminal background check and fit for duty medical exam by district physician.
- Maintain all training requirements .
Resident Volunteer Firefighter/EMT
- Must satiffy all requirements of Volunteer Firefighter.
- Must be enrolled in qualified EMS or Fire Science Degree program through accredited college.
- Must maintain station quarters as primary place of residence.
- Duty shift consists of a 48/96 schedule.
Non-Combatant/Support Services Volunteer
- This position may be tailored to the special skills and abilities of the member or the specific need of the district, as agreed upon by the member and the Fire Chief. Duties, responsibilities and activites shall be established on a case-by-case basis to provide the individual member with clear supervision, direction and authority.
- The district may provide specialized training and/or equipment to meet the needs of the position and to assist the menber in providing service to the organization and community as may be required.
- Contact the Fire Chief for more information.